ATHLETE DEVELOPMENT/ DOMESTIC DEVELOPMENT
COMMUNICATIONS, MARKETING & MEDIA RELATIONS
GRAND PRIX RIDERS
PAST CHAIR &
John Taylor "JT"
MEMBERS AT LARGE
Terrance Millar and Mark Samuel
Karen Hendry-Ouellette, Manager-Jumping, Equine Canada
The Jump Canada Board comprises representatives of Jump Canada committees plus three additional members. Jump Canada board members are elected by the committee they represent, except for the High Performance Chair and two members-at-large, who are chosen by the Board.
Appointments are for a two year term, commencing at the Jump Canada meeting at Equine Canada’s annual convention. Members may stand for two additional two-year terms, a total of six years. Rotation must be staggered to allow for continuity. After a period of one year off the board, members may be re-elected. Every attempt will be made to ensure representation on the board from across Canada.
The Chair of Jump Canada is elected from the board members for a period of two years, renewable twice at the board’s discretion. The Vice-Chair and Finance Committee Chair are elected from the board members for a term not to exceed their membership term. The immediate Past Chair may remain on the board as long as he or she holds that position. If adequate experience for the Finance Chair position is not available among the board’s membership, then a person may be selected from the Finance Committee. He or she will sit as an ex-officio member on the board.
JUMP CANADA BOARD COMPOSITION
- a chair elected from within the Board;
- a vice-chair elected from within the Board;
- one representative from the Athlete Development Committee;
- one representative from the Coaching Committee;
- one representative from the Communications, Marketing & Media Relations Committee;
- a chair from the Competitions Committee to be elected at the Competitions Forum at the RAWF;
- one representative from the Domestic Development Committee;
- one representative from the Fundraising Committee;
- a chair elected by Grand Prix riders at their RAWF meeting;
- the High Performance Chair (chosen by an ad-hoc committee created for this purpose);
- one representative from the Officials’ Committee;
- a chair from the Owners’ Committee elected at their RAWF meeting;
- one representative from the Rules Committee;
- up to two at-large members selected by the Jump Canada Board;
- the Past Chair;
- ex-officio, the Manager Jumping.