FEI Approval Committee
The FEI Approval Committee reviews applications for CSIs, CSI-Ws and CSIOs in Canada and approves those that meet the established FEI criteria. It strives to improve the standards of FEI competitions in Canada; and strives to avoid date conflicts that would not be for the good of the sport.
- a chair selected from within the committee;
- the Chair (or designate) of Jump Canada Competitions Committee;
- all members of the High Performance Committee; and
- other knowledgeable horse people as selected by the committee.
- sets the criteria for holding a CSI-W, CSI or CSIO;
- in September, reviews the application for Canadian competitions to hold CSI-Ws, CSIs, and CSIOs;
- notifies applicants if there are any outstanding issues or areas that need improvement before approval can be granted;
- may ask for a performance bond to guarantee that all deficiencies will be corrected; and
- through the Manager Jumping, send the approved applications to the FEI.
- reports to Jump Canada through the Chair.