High Performance / Selection Committee
The High Performance Committee is responsible for selecting international jumping teams for Nations Cups and World Games. The High Performance Committee is also available for consultation regarding Canadian riders competing in any international events.
- a High Performance Chair selected by an ad hoc selection committee and approved by the Jump Canada Board;
- two representatives selected by the High Performance Chair from a slate of five nominated by the Grand Prix Riders Committee; and
- two representatives selected by the High Performance Chair from a slate of five nominated by the Board.
The High Performance Committee acts as the selection committee to choose international teams. If a conflict of interest arises regarding team selection, the committee member who is in conflict of interest will abstain from voting.
Subject to Jump Canada approval, the High Performance/ Selection Committee:
- formulates and recommends policies respecting the operation and administration of high performance show jumping;
- recommends the strategic direction of the Sport Council High Performance Committee and high performance jumping;
- participates in Jump Canada strategic planning;
- gets Sport Council High Performance Committee approval of matters affecting all Olympic disciplines;
- ensures that approved high performance policies and plans are implemented;
- ensures that high performance expenditures are maintained within approved parameters;
- monitors the performances of grand prix riders;
- develops and publishes selection criteria and method of selection for international competitions, ensuring that they conform to the FEI, IOC and COA standards as appropriate;
- develops a training program matching major international games, and encourages the development of high performance riders and horses in order to sustain excellence and a competitive advantage for Canada;
- defines the requirements for the welfare of the high performance horse and oversees the implementation of such programs; and
- keeps abreast of developments and advancements in the high performance jumping field.
- the chair or designate is a voting member of Jump Canada;
- one representative is a voting member of the Sport Council High Performance Committee;
- reports to Jump Canada Board whenever appropriate and at every board meeting;
- names the Athlete of the Month in consultation with the Chair of Communications and Media Committee; and
- maintains close liaison with the Jump Canada Chair.