Rules Committee / CET Medal CommitteeMandate
To make the hunter, jumper, equitation and hack rules fair, comprehensive and clearly expressed. The committee follows the rules timetable set annually by the National Rules Committee.
As a subcommittee of the Rules Committee, the CET Medal Committee
is responsible for advising the Rules Committee on medal class rules and all issues pertaining to the CET Medal program.
- a chair elected from within the committee;
- the Chair of Sport Council Stewards Committee;
- members chosen by the committee must include hunter, jumper and hunt seat equitation experts from across Canada;
- representative from the Domestic Development Committee;
- representative from the Competitions Committee;
- representative from the Grand Prix Riders Committee;
- representative from the Course Design Committee; and
- Manager Jumping, ex-officio.
- provides input into strategic planning and annual budgets;
- provides competition rules and structures that compliment the development and competitive needs of the horse and rider at all levels of domestic participation;
- develops and reviews all hunter, jumper, hack and hunter and jumper equitation rules both existing and proposed and puts into Rule Change Proposal (RCP) format to be circulated for public comment and review;
- informs the National Rules Committee of the Jump Canada rule references that affect or supersede NRC rules;
- presents major rule changes to Jump Canada for approval; and
- complies with EC rule change policies and procedures.
- the chair or designate is a voting member of Jump Canada; and
- one representative is a voting member of the Sport Council Rules Committee.