The Finance Committee is responsible for budget preparation, and supervision and management of Jump Canada finances.
- the Finance Chair is selected by the Jump Canada Board;
- one or two other members appointed by the board;
- the Jump Canada Chair, ex. officio;
- the Manager Jumping, ex. officio; and
- the EC Director of Finance, ex officio.
Note: if the Finance Chair is not an elected member of the Jump Canada
Board, he or she shall be appointed an ex. officio member.
- formulates and recommends financial policies for board approval;
- develops annual budgets in cooperation with other Jump Canada committees, the Manager Jumping and the EC Director Finance and recommends them to Jump Canada for approval;
- ensures that expenditures are within budget;
- ensures that Jump Canada finances are conducted in a fiscally responsible manner; and
- meets by conference call to review the current financial statements within two weeks prior to each Jump Canada board meeting.
- the chair or designate is a voting member of Jump Canada;
- reports to Jump Canada through the Chair;
- maintains close liaison with the EC Director Finance; and
- one representative is a voting member of the Sport Council Finance Committee.