EQUINE CANADA/NCCP NATIONAL COACHING AWARDS PRESENTED BY PROCHAPS
About the Awards
The Equine Canada/NCCP National Coaching Awards are presented by ProChaps and recognize Coaches and Instructors from all disciplines and contexts who exemplify the coaching and teaching practices of the National Coaching Certification Program. Nominees are recognized for their contribution to the sport as an instructor and coach, whether their students are active in competitive sport, or are recreational sport participants.
Provincial/Territorial Equestrian Associations are invited to nominate coaches and instructors in each category, who they feel deserves recognition and meets the criteria outlined below.
Coach Award Qualifications
1. Current Equine Canada NCCP certified Coach or Instructor (any certificate or discipline)
2. Promotes the Learn to Ride or Learn to Drive Program
3. Mentors others and promotes involvement in NCCP programs
4. Is knowledgeable and stays professionally updated with ongoing learning
5. Promotes and demonstrates good sportsmanship
6. Coaches/teaches in a safe, fun and positive way
7. Maintains a safe & positive environment
Award Categories (for each discipline applicable)
- Para/therapeutic Coach or Instructor
- Instructor / Instructor of Beginners
- Coach 1 / Competition Coach English
- Coach 2 / Coach Specialist
- Western disciplines
- English disciplines
- Coach 3 / High Performance or above
- 1 national award for each discipline in this context
Final award recipients will be announced at the Equine Canada Convention, publicly honoured on the Equine Canada and ProChaps websites and in other media, and will receive a special recognition plaque sent to them.
To nominate a coach or instructor, just fill in the nomination form, and return it to your provincial/territorial association by December 23, 2013.