EC/NCCP NATIONAL COACHING AWARDSNominate your Coaches !
About the Awards
The Equine Canada/NCCP National Coaching Awards recognize Coaches and Instructors from all disciplines and contexts who exemplify the coaching and teaching practices of the National Coaching Certification Program. Nominees may come from all corners of the country, and are recognized for their contribution to the sport as a teacher and coach, whether their students are active in competitive sport, or are recreational sport participants.
Provincial Equestrian Associations are invited to nominate coaches and instructors in each who category, who they feel deserves recognition and meets the criteria below. The final recipient list will be determined by Equine Canada based on the numbers of submissions for each category (there aren’t enough awards for all provinces, all categories, but we do want to see as broad a selection across disciplines, contexts and the country as the award budget permits).
Coach Award Qualifications
1. Current EC certified Coach or Instructor (any certificate or discipline)
2. Promotes the Learn to Ride or Learn to Drive Program
3. Mentors others and promotes involvement in NCCP programs
4. Is knowledgeable and stays professionally updated with ongoing learning
5. Promotes and demonstrates good sportsmanship
6. Coaches/teaches in a safe, fun and positive way
7. Maintains a safe & positive environment
Award Categories (for each discipline applicable)
Final award recipients will be announced at the EC Convention, publicly honoured on the EC website and in other media, and will receive a special recognition plaque sent to them.
To nominate a coach or instructor, just fill in the nomination form, and return it to your provincial association by December 7th.