Equine Canada is the leading national sport and equine organization in the country. It fulfills a broad range of governance, advocacy and development functions, all of which focus, in one way or another, on the horse and draw on the enthusiasm it arouses. As a result of our efforts, Equine Canada is recognized by Sport Canada and the Féderation Equestre Internationale (FEI) as the national governing body for equestrian sport and recreation in Canada. It is the industry sector leader and as such is recognized and supported by Agriculture and Agri-food Canada. In particular, its leadership in improving both the quality and condition of horses is lauded at home and abroad.
Our Aspirational Goal
1) Understand that the welfare of the horse is paramount.
2) Communicate effectively to increase the profile and value of equestrian activities to members and stakeholders.
3) Be a sport system that fosters excellence at all levels.
4) Strengthen the economic and cultural value of the horse.
5) Design, promote and deliver quality programs and services.
6) Create the organizational culture needed to achieve our results.