Breed Sport Canada Horse of the Year Award Criteria
- Horses must be Canadian owned and registered to accumulate points
- Owners and Riders must be Equine Canada Sport Licence holders in good standing
- Horses must be entered in their National Breed Association awards program where applicable
- Points will be accumulated according to National Breed Association point tables
- Only the top five USEF/EC sanctioned events to be counted, with a minimum requirement of two Equine Canada sanctioned events
- Horses must have won at least one championship within the top five shows
- Each breed representative on the Breed Sport Canada Committee will submit the name of their award winner to the Committee and Wendy Gayfer at Equine Canada by December 31st.